Saturday, April 01, 2006

Lookie what I did (or am doing)



My first sock. Can I just say that I'm loving this. I was worried, it look so complicated. But I gamely cast on and started the 2x2 rib on size 8 dpns (this is my first project on dpns). When I got to the heel, I just followed the directions. 3 rows in and I started to worry. The garter stich was on the outside and most socks that I have see show stockinette...hmm. So last night, I'm sitting at the dining room table wondering what I should do when G said "Maybe you are working it inside out and it'll flip at the toe, like when you sew". Hot damn, he was on to something. Now I knew the pattern did not call for any flipping, but, what if I'm just working this thing inside-out? So I flipped 'er inside-out and sure enough, looks great. Hell-of-a-lot-better than ripping the heel back (which I was starting to consider). After that was all straightened out, I turned my first heel. And proceed to show G. Then I did the gusset, and was going to show G but he had fallen asleep on the couch with Zoe. So I woke them up and we went up to bed...where I tried on my sock for the first time, and showed G. I'm so fucking excited about this, it seems silly. Now if only I can manage the toe...

No comments: